Friday, 20th October
School Gospel Value - Love
Love motivated the care provided to the old and the young by Victoire Larmenier.
Let your love for each other be real and from the heart. (1 Peter 1:22)
Unselfish concern for the good of others is shown through patience, kindness, trust, hope, endurance, truth and a strong affection.
Welcome back to Term 4. It is a short term of only 9 weeks with students finishing on Wednesday 13th December it really is only 8 ½ weeks! There are many events taking place in term 4, please check the 'Dates to Remember' section below to keep up to date and informed about what's happening at school.
Drop-off / Pick-up Protocols
A reminder to please follow processes that we have set up to help with the smooth running of drop off and pick up times.
- Pick up time is between 2.55 pm and 3.20 pm
- When using the drop off/pick up section please drive forward to location no. 1 so we can fit cars in behind you
- If children are getting in or out of the car in front, please wait until they have exited the car or got in the car before moving off or moving around the car
- Between 2.50 pm and 3.10 pm, if your child is not able to get in or out of the car themselves, please park in the car park so you can get out to help them.
- Please use the roundabout at Mount Esk so we can get the buses through.
We now have a pedestrian crossing. The crossing is evident by the black and white painted lines on the ground as well as the ‘children crossing’ signs. Please help us to keep all our students and parents safe by using the crossing when walking from the school to the carpark and do not park over the crossing.
The Yr 2 - 6 Athletics Carnival is an excellent opportunity for our students to showcase their sporting talents and engage in healthy competition while enjoying a day of outdoor activities. It promotes teamwork and school spirit, and we encourage all students to participate to the best of their ability.
We also encourage all parents and guardians to attend the event and support their children. Your presence not only boosts the morale of all the participants but also creates a vibrant and encouraging atmosphere.
Parent helpers - as with all school events, they can not take place without the assistance of parent helpers. If you are able to help it would be greatly appreciated! Please contact the office or our P.E teacher Ms Lauren Spencer via firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to a day filled with camaraderie and sportsmanship, and we hope to see you there, cheering on your children and their classmates.
Dates to Remember ...
- 25th - Athletics Carnival, Grades 2-6
- 26th - Foundation Band & Strings Workshop
- 27th - Grandparent's Day Picnic
- 27th - World Teacher's Day
- 3rd - NIJSSA carnival
- 7th & 8th - Grade 5 Camp
- 7th - 17th November - Year 1 and 2 Swimming Program
- 9th - P&F Meeting, 7pm in the Nazareth Centre. All welcome 🤗
- 16th - Development Band & Strings Workshop
- 21st - Kinder, Prep & Grade 1 Athletics Carnival
- 22nd - Band & Strings Rehearsal Day @ St Patrick's
- 23rd - End of Year Concert for SPC Music Program
- 24th - National Fairy Bread Day
- 30th - Yr 6 into Yr 7 SPC Orientation Day
- 30th - Larmenier 'Step Up Day'
- 6th - Grade 6 Leavers Dinner
- 8th - End of Year Mass
- 11th - End of Year Concert
- 12th - Certificate Assembly
- 13th - Grade 6 Assembly
- 13th - Last day of Term 4!
2023 TERM DATES
- TERM 1 Monday 3rd February - Thursday 7th April
- TERM 2 Wednesday 26th April - Friday 7th July
- TERM 3 Tuesday 25th July - Friday September 29th
- TERM 4 Tuesday 17th October - Wednesday December 13th
2024 TERM DATES
- TERM 1 - Wednesday 7th February - Thursday 11th April
- TERM 2 - Monday 29th April - Friday 5th July
- TERM 3 - Tuesday 23rd July - Friday 27th September
- TERM 4 - Tuesday 15th October - Tuesday 17th December
GALA DAYS (Grades 5 & 6)
- Term 4 - 17th November
*ALL THESE DATES PLUS MANY MORE ARE ON THE SCHOOL CALENDAR
Farm Day Dates
- 27th Oct - Prep
- 10th Nov - Grade 2
- 10th Nov - Grade 6
- 24th Nov - Grade 3
- 1st Dec - Grade 4
- 8th Dec - Grade 1
*Some dates may change
What's Happening in Grade 2 ...
In Grade 2 we have been learning how our words affect others. We each got a paper heart and crumbled it up when we heard mean words and when kind words were said we tried to smooth out our hearts. The heart was still a bit crumbled but we learnt that our words can hurt people and it is best to use kind words. We then thought of kind words we could use with our classmates.
Grades 2 - 6 Athletics Carnival
The carnival is next Wednesday, 25th October, at the St Leonard's Athletics Track. A letter was sent out yesterday via Compass with all the information. A Compass Event has been created so that we can get an idea of how many students will need a bus back to school.
The attached timetable is for your information only, the times may vary depending on the day.
Book Club Orders
Can all orders please be submitted by 9am Monday Morning!
The P&F would like to thank you for supporting the school disco! It was a succesful night and the children had so much fun. Thank you to all those that helped make the night a great success.
Goats for Sale
We have two 18-month-old goats for sale, one female and one wether. They would like to stay together!
Please only enquire if you have suitable land & good fencing. Please contact Farmer Julie on 0428 458 543.
Distressing Content Online?
Grow Your School
Do all your plant and paint shopping at Mitre 10 to help our school out!
BMX - Come & Try
Ever wanted to try BMX? Well now is your chance! Launceston BMX Club is holding a FREE come & try session on October 21st. No experience required, no commitment, no pressure, just come and have some fun riding with the guidance of our coaches. Places are limited so get in quick to register.
Open to all ages, male and female, our come & try sessions are a great opportunity to try BMX for free and see what this wonderful sport has to offer. Open to all ages and all skill levels, our coaches and volunteers will help you out on the track and having fun!
Hang around after the session and see what BMX racing is all about as riders compete all afternoon.
Click here for more info.